What Do I Do If I am In A Car Accident?
Being in a car accident, motorcycle accident or trucking accident impacts your whole life. It impacts you physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually and financially and most people don’t know what to do during this very challenging and hard time.
Here are some tips:
1. STOP. Safely get yourself and others out of traffic immediately (and your vehicle, if possible). Stay at the accident scene until medical help and police arrive so you can get the medical care you need and so a proper police report can be done.
2. Help the Injured. If you are not seriously injured, help others who may be more injured than you are. However, don’t do anything you are not qualified and trained to do as it may cause additional injury to another person.
3. Call Police. If the police have not arrived on the scene within a fairly short amount of time, you may need to call 911 to report the accident and location.
4. Be Careful What You Say. Always tell the truth. Be careful about saying the accident was your fault. Just tell exactly what happened.
5. Witnesses. Get the Name, Address, Telephone Number and Email of everyone who saw (“witnessed”) the trucking accident, car accident or motorcycle accident.
6. Exchange Information. Exchange Name, Address, Telephone Number, Email and Insurance Company and Policy information with all other people (drivers and passengers) involved the trucking accident, car accident or motorcycle accident.
7. Get Medical Care Immediately – Even if you “Feel Fine” and Treat Consistently. This point may be very important in your car accident case. Too many people don’t get proper medical care immediately after they have been in a car accident, trucking accident or motorcycle accident because they think they “feel fine”. That can be a big mistake because you may be injured and not know it due to adrenaline in your body protecting you from feeling the full pain of your injuries. Inform the medical care professionals that you were in a car accident.
Also, the longer you wait for treatment the worse your health condition can get and other health problems may arise. Delaying your medical treatment can also weaken your case from a legal standpoint and thus reduce the money value of your case.
Treat consistently. It is very important for your health and your legal case that you follow the advice of your doctors and treat consistently. Please get medical care immediately after your trucking accident, car accident or motorcycle accident, follow the advice of your doctors and treat consistently.
8. Call Me For a Free Consultationat 801-322-HURT (4878). I will discuss your case with you, answer questions that you have and work to put you at ease during this very hard time in your life. Go to www.WilliamEnochAndrews.com and get a copy of my Free Car Accident Book “8 Wrong Turns That Will Wreck Your Utah Car Accident Case and How to Prevent Them” it will help you understand car accidents, claims, insurance, the process of going through a personal injury case and much more.